NIC Quetta – an incubation center that creates lasting economic impact by successfully supporting startups and emerging technology companies to create and/or commercialize knowledge intensive products and services through the incubator. BUITEMS envision the National Incubation Center Quetta, to “Become a leading incubator in the region that will function as a supporting environment for the development of innovative, high-growth/high impact ICT based start-ups.”
NIC’s world class environment will motivate start-ups to deliver high performance and meet the standards set by leading entrepreneurs in the local and global industry. NIC Quetta will provide start-ups with access to some of the world’s best mentors, investors, businessmen and alumni network, which will provide great opportunities to start-ups. BUITEMS has approximately 6000+ alumni working across 400 national and international organizations, which will be useful in providing startups with the required resources and network support. The professional successes led by the university alumni and the close-proximity to the vibrant entrepreneurial community will provide role models and mentors, which can simultaneously serve as a source of investment funds for the start-ups incubated at NIC. Simultaneously, the physical proximity to Pakistan’s leading ICT Faculty will expose aspiring entrepreneurs to world-class researchers in Information and Communication Technology and 4th Industrial wave innovations and will provide NIC’s start-ups with the expertise, tools, networks and environment they need to make their ventures successful.
The Center will provide the following services
- Create a custom designed environment, which provides selected incubatees with world-class facilities, a network of knowledge mentors, experts in disciplines that foster a nascent business and access to industry partners and investors.
- Run by experienced and entrepreneurially proficient managers, who will provide start-ups with directions and provide day-to-day operational support and guidance.
- Providing linkages to start-ups with other technology parks and IT based solution firms locally and internationally. Accelerate the knowledge and transfer of technological know-how through collaboration with other technology initiatives (such as, Technology for People Initiative, Social Innovation Lab and research projects running in the 5 schools housed in LUMS, BUITEMS ICT world-class faculty, BUITEMS state-of-the-art computer labs and alumni support network).
- Provide access to investors with appetite of seed stage funding which is essential for start-up companies, especially technology based firms that need time for development before going to market.
- Help start-ups finalize their business plan before soliciting investors for early-stage finance. Organize investor summits to provide start-ups with a platform to pitch their ideas to imminent members from the industry.
- Access to LUMS and BUITEMS Makers Labs, Usability Labs and Innovation Labs to test prototypes and user experiences.
Start-ups incubated at the National Incubation Center in Quetta will have access to
- Up to 6 months of access to co-working office facility at BUITEMS
- 24×7 utilities including power, internet and phone
- Shared access to IT and administrative infrastructure & resources
- State of the art video conferencing system
- Access to the world-class faculty of LUMS and BUITEMS
- Continuous support from the world-class management of NIC Quetta
- Marketing and PR support from NIC
- Regular mentoring and advice from seasoned leaders visiting from Lahore and other parts of the country
- Access to investors at the Startup Summit
- Be a part of the first and only incubation center in Balochistan
- BUITEMS partners and collaborators
- BUITEMS 6000+ alumni working in 400 national and international organizations and strong linkages with local community organizations to ensure maximum coverage; and
- Access to BUITEMS labs and ICT infrastructure including, PCB Lab; Electronics Lab; Electric Machine Lab; Control Automation and Robotic Lab (EE); Communication System Lab; Power System Lab; Advanced Telecommunications Lab and Digital Systems Lab, Textile engineering lab.
- NIC Quetta will have full access to LUMS Resident Venture Capital Funds.